Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Free Kids Play Food (Money Saving Tip!)

IMG_20110628_120142.jpg







My daughter is forever asking for play food. It can be pretty expensive and a lot of it just seems so silly and such a waste of money. She always wanted those shopping carts full of cardboard items. One day I thought, why don't I  'make' my own for her? I am constantly getting TONS of free samples so I started saving some of her favorites for her. I carefully open the cereal boxes and then glue them shut so they look like what you can buy. You could always open them on both ends and flatten them to store in a larger item instead of having  all of those little boxes around! The Chik-Fil-A box was a clean extra and I have given her a 1/2 egg carton also. She uses her little Subway totes as grocery totes! Cute! You can use any of the little plastic drink bottles or whatever they like!  I only allow her to have so many so we don't get overwhelmed. She loves it and when she's done, they can go right in the cardboard recycling! That's where the stuff you buy ends up anyway but costs you NOTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment