Thursday, March 15, 2012

Money Saving Tip:Free Books, Movies And MORE At Your Local Library!





I made a stop at our local video store today. I was so tempted to rent some movies and then I remembered that our local library has a lot of resources available, for FREE!!!! We always borrow books but did you know you can get movies? Current movies!!!! Ours also has board games available. They now offer books for the E-Readers! That new Nook or Kindle you got is going to get a lot of use!

Ours also offers the use of a computer (they have several) and free wi-fi! If you 're computer is down or you just don't have one, you can just go in with your library card (if you don't have one, get one free!) and request use of a computer! There are time limits so just be forewarned of that!

I also have noticed a lot of CD's and current magazines as well! You can also buy used books! I have gotten paperbacks, hardbacks for all of my family ranging from $0.25 to $0.50 or $1.00 for a shopping bag full! Some libraries even offer used books for free!

We have also used their meeting rooms, free of charge! You would have to call for the details on that! When My son was in Cyber school, we were able to host a school event there! I take my daughter down to our library once in awhile through the school year because they the go to the school library once a week. In the summer our library offers The Summer Reading program which offers tons of fun things to do! I will post that once they do, usually in May!

Check out your local library and don't forget to donate! The funding they receive is what allows them to offer such great things!

For my local readers, check out our library! Adams Memorial Library

No comments:

Post a Comment