Saturday, April 21, 2012

Love Zucchini? Check Out This Recipe!




(not my recipe but mine looked exactly like this. We ate them all, LOL!)



I came across this recipe a few days ago and thought I would try it! I am so glad I did, my daughter and I LOVED them and the are so simple and quick, that in no time at all you can have a healthy snack or meal made! I already need to make more of these and we will definitely eat them anytime of day!

I always say I rarely follow a recipe and I did it again with this one, LOL! It didn't look like there was enough in the bowl so I added more bread crumbs, added my own seasoning and another egg. Totally delicious!

Here is the original recipe which I did not use at all.

Zucchini Bites

This is the recipe I used as a guide.... (it will make 12 mini's but I needed to double it!)

Zucchini Tots


I'm going to call mine Zucchini Babies :)

Here's what I did, I never measure so the bread crumbs and seasoning are approximate.
Yield: ( I filled 12 plus a small 8 oz baking dish. So I would say 24 mini muffins...)


1 cup grated zucchini
2 eggs
About 1 T of onion powder
About 1 t of garlic powder
1 cup Parmesan, grated
About a cup of my homemade unseasoned bread crumbs
a little salt and pepper.


1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray or I used mini muffin papers.

2. Grate the zucchini and then place in a dish towel or a paper towel works to squeeze out the excess water,        Skipping this part will leave you with soggy zuke babes!

3. In a bowl combine, the egg, onion (if you use it), cheese, bread crumbs, zucchini, seasonings.

4. Use a spoon or if you have one, I love my cookie scoop! Go ahead and fill the muffin cups to the top, they won't spread or raise.

 Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the top is browned and set.


Mine came out with that crunchy brown cheese bottom, these were just fabulous! If you try them, i hope you like them and this was easy to follow!

Let me know if you make some! I'll be over! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment