Monday, July 16, 2012

Kitchen Shortcut!!!!! Super Easy Baked Stuffed Shells!!!!!!!!!




I wish I had thought of this years ago! I do not eat stuffed shells, I am not a big sauce fan but my family loves  Italian food! I rarely make stuffed shells because frankly, it's a lot of work, especially when you don't eat them! Well my daughter asked me to make some for them for dinner tomorrow night. I made a bunch of stuff today, I wanted to make some stuff ahead...Anyway, here's what I did, and man was this simple!

(I don't have a recipe, I just do everything by taste but this is a general idea of what I did!)

I used 1 box of uncooked large shell pasta
1 jar of sauce
1 12 oz? ricotta
1/2 a bag of mozzarella
2 eggs
seasoning to taste
About 1 cup of water

You may want to have extra sauce heated in case you like them really saucy, mine were not sitting in sauce...

Turn oven to 350 degrees.
I was standing in the kitchen thinking why do I have to cook the pasta ahead? I never have for lasagna and other dishes and it is always just fine. So, I put the dry pasta shells in my glass casserole dish. Mixed the filling in my Kitchenaid mixer (eggs and cheeses) Filled my cake decorating bag with filling and piped it into the dry shells! (You can use a baggie that you snip a small piece of the end tip off of to pipe!) This was incredibly easy, way faster and completely less messy than the traditional way! I poured the sauce over it and the water, (the shells will absorb the sauce since they aren't cooked, you could use more sauce) covered it with foil and threw it in the oven! I tasted it and it is great! I am so proud of myself for thinking of this, just wish I had sooner! Hey, they may get stuffed shells more than once a year now! ;)


I will let you know what they think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment